Structural Engineer for Production of construction documents and engineering studies for a 80+ staff engineering consulting firm. Project focus is in advanced technology and industrial sections.
- Design steel structural systems ranging from simple to complex for industrial and semiconductor facilities. Focus is equipment support and seismic design, including equipment anchorage, pipe/ductwork/conduit supports, access platform and stairway designs, and analysis and existing structures.
- Creation of construction documents, including drawings and specifications.
- Coordination with design team members in mechanical, elextrial and other disciplines.
- Participation in client design review meetings and presentation of design strategies.
- Preparation of specifications and reports.
- 7+ years of structural engineering design experience.
- Understanding of current building codes, particularly IBC and local amendments and ASCE7.
- Familiar with common structural materials (particularly steel) and material-specific codes such as ACI and AISC.
- Excellent communication skills and team player.
- Good technical writing ability.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to learn quickly and grasp new concepts, especially as they relate to engineering and construction.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and RISA.
- Dedication and commitment, including punctuality and the willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- BS in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- PE or SE registration.
- Competitive compensation based on experience and abilities. Benefits include SIMPLE IRA retirement project, corporate sponsored health insurance, paid time off and holiday pay.
Advantages of Working for Company:
- Positive and team-oriented working atmosphere.
- A wide variety of unique projects and design challenges- each day is a learning experience.
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth in an expanding company.
- Excellent career autonomy; specialize on your own technical interests.
- Working environment relies on individial responsibility and is low on red tape.
- Direct access to key project players including design managers, designers and company owners.