Tool Install Mechanical Designer – Beaverton, Oregon
Corbin Consulting is a growing engineering consulting firm of 100 staff members with offices in Beaverton, Oregon and Tempe, Arizona. Our clients are world leaders in advanced technology and industrial production.
We are seeking a mechanical tool install designer for our Beaverton office who will work with a competent multi-discipline team of peers with a wide range of experience levels.
- Mechanical semiconductor tool installation design. Tool types range from simple to complex, for a variety of semiconductor clients. Construction drawing deliverables include specification drawings, facility data tables, plan views and details.
- Perform calculations to size piping and ductwork for gas, mechanical, process, drain and exhaust connections to tools, and validation of existing lateral and facility point of connection capacity.
- Lead effort to obtain and organize tool connection, flow and pressure information from multiple sources, including customer-supplied site prep guides and related documentation, review of existing design packages, and field verification of similar tools previously installed.
- Field verification of existing conditions and available tool connection points in the facility.
- Coordination with design team members, both in mechanical and other disciplines.
- Participation in client design review meetings and presentation of design strategies.
- Services during construction, including field verification, site observations reports, responses to RFIs, and submittal reviews.
This is a mid- to senior-level position for applicants with tool install design experience. We are looking for candidates with the following:
- 3+ years of tool install design experience working for an architectural/engineering (A/E) consulting firm.
- Experience with advanced technology and industrial clients is preferred.
- Understanding of basic building code requirements.
- Good communicator and team player.
- Good technical writing ability.
- Highly organized.
- Must show ownership and follow-through on assigned projects.
- Interest in professional growth.
- Ability to learn quickly and grasp new concepts, especially as they relate to engineering and construction.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Revit is a plus.
- AS or equivalent degree from an accredited university is preferred.
Please identify any relevant skills you might have, such as AutoCAD or Revit, or mechanical system modeling software such as PIPE-FLO, Trane Trace, Autodesk CFD or AutoPIPE. Please provide any past work or volunteer experience in your response, including those that may be non-engineering related.
We offer a very competitive compensation package within the engineering consulting industry.
- A compensation package based on experience and abilities.
- Flexible work hours.
- Corporate-sponsored medical and dental insurance plans.
- An Individual Retirement Account (IRA) program with company matching.
- Three weeks of Personal Time Off (PTO) and eight paid holidays per year.
- Up to $3000/year in yearly tuition reimbursement for coursework relevant to your position.
- Long term disability insurance coverage.
- Opportunities to learn engineering and design outside of work, such as lunchtime seminars with industry experts and professional development hour compensation.
Advantages of Working for Corbin Consulting:
Corbin Consulting was established in 1999 by engineers experienced in the design of building and process systems for advanced technology clients. Over the last 23 years Corbin has grown to a 100-person firm that has diversified beyond the advanced technology business sector into industrial and healthcare sectors as well. We are not “corporate”; we are an engineering company owned and run by engineers – our owners directly manage projects and mentor our staff. Additionally:
- Corbin gives employees control over their career advancement. You will have direct access to key project players, including design managers, disciplines designers and company owners.
- You will design building systems for industry leaders in the advanced technology sector.
- Corbin serves a wide variety of clients with a myriad of unique projects and design challenges, providing a variety of working experiences.