Structural Professional Engineer – Beaverton, Oregon
Corbin Consulting is a growing engineering consulting firm of 90+ staff members with offices in Beaverton, Oregon and Tempe, Arizona. Our clients are world leaders in advanced technology and industrial production.
We are seeking a senior structural engineer for our Beaverton office who will work with a competent multi-discipline team of peers with a wide range of experience levels.
- Design steel structural systems ranging from simple to complex for industrial and semiconductor facilities. Focus is equipment support and seismic design, including equipment anchorage, pipe/ductwork/conduit supports, access platform and stairway designs, and analysis of existing structures.
- Creation of construction documents, including drawings and specifications.
- Coordination with design team members in mechanical, electrical and other disciplines.
- Participation in client design review meetings and presentation of design strategies.
- Preparation of specifications and reports.
This is a mid- to senior-level position for applicants with a professional engineering stamp. We are looking for candidates with the following:
- 7+ years of structural engineering design experience.
- Understanding of current building codes, particularly IBC and local amendments and ASCE7.
- Familiar with common structural materials (particularly steel) and material-specific codes such as ACI and AISC.
- Excellent communication skills and team player.
- Good technical writing ability.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to learn quickly and grasp new concepts, especially as they relate to engineering and construction.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and RISA.
- Dedication and commitment, including punctuality and the willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- BS in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- PE or SE registration.
Please identify any relevant skills you might have, such as AutoCAD or Revit, or structural system software such as RISA. Please provide any past work or volunteer experience in your response, including those that may be non-engineering related.
We offer a very competitive compensation package within the engineering consulting industry.
- A compensation package based on experience and abilities.
- Flexible work hours.
- Corporate-sponsored medical and dental insurance plans.
- An Individual Retirement Account (IRA) program with company matching.
- Three weeks of Personal Time Off (PTO) and eight paid holidays per year.
- Up to $3000/year in yearly tuition reimbursement for coursework relevant to your position.
- Long term disability insurance coverage.
- Opportunities to learn engineering outside of work, such as lunchtime seminars with industry experts and professional development hour compensation.
Advantages of Working for Corbin Consulting:
Corbin Consulting was established in 1999 by engineers experienced in the design of building and process systems for advanced technology clients. Over the last 22 years Corbin has grown to a 90+ person firm that has diversified beyond the advanced technology business sector into industrial and healthcare sectors as well. We are not “corporate”; we are an engineering company owned and run by engineers – our owners directly manage projects and mentor our staff. Additionally:
- Corbin gives employees control over their career advancement. You will have direct access to key project players, including design managers, disciplines designers and company owners.
- You will design building systems for industry leaders in the advanced technology sector.
- Corbin serves a wide variety of clients with a myriad of unique projects and design challenges, providing a variety of working experiences.