Entry Level Electrical Engineer – Beaverton, Oregon
Corbin Consulting is a growing engineering consulting firm of 90+ employees with offices in Beaverton, Oregon and Tempe, Arizona. Our clients are world leaders in advanced technology and industrial production.
We are seeking an entry level electrical engineer for our Beaverton office who will learn about electrical design from peers and mentors with a wide range of experience levels.
Corbin believes that professional growth is best achieved through a broad range of experience; our engineers wear many hats and are expected to be knowledgeable across all aspects of electrical design. We do not compartmentalize our engineering specialties – you will be exposed to a wide range of design responsibilities. You will report directly to the senior project engineer or project manager who will oversee your work and mentor you to success. Your day-to-day responsibilities may include:
- Designing electrical systems and preparing construction documents with varying degrees of complexity. You will work with power, lighting, and distribution systems as well as heat trace and chip manufacturing equipment installations.
- Preparing engineering studies for power and low voltage systems that survey existing conditions, evaluate capacities, and make recommendations for corrections and upgrades.
- Performing short circuit and arc flash analyses, overcurrent protective device coordination and review of power quality and reliability.
- Designing low voltage systems, including instrumentation and controls, telecommunications, life safety and security systems.
- Coordinating with other engineering team members, including those from other technical disciplines.
- Technical writing for engineering documents.
- Conducting site investigations to confirm and document field conditions.
At Corbin, we serve our clients from the outset of design through to construction completion and project turnover. The construction documents we prepare are not just a paper exercise – you will regularly interact with clients and construction contractors as your design is constructed and commissioned.
This is an entry level position for applicants with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent). We are looking for candidates who are:
- Dedicated and committed to doing what it takes to get the job done. Must be punctual and results oriented!
- Interested in professional growth.
- Willing to learn quickly and independently.
- Team players and good at both verbal and written communication.
- Highly organized with the ability to follow instruction.
- Possessing an EIT certification, or will in the near future.
Please identify any relevant skills you might have, such as AutoCAD or Revit, or electrical system modeling software such as SKM or EasyPower. Please provide any past work or volunteer experience in your response, including those that may be non-engineering related.
We offer a very competitive compensation package within the engineering consulting industry.
- A compensation package based on experience and abilities.
- Flexible work hours.
- Corporate-sponsored medical and dental insurance plans.
- An Individual Retirement Account (IRA) program with company matching.
- Three weeks of Personal Time Off (PTO) and eight paid holidays per year.
- Up to $3000/year in yearly tuition reimbursement for coursework relevant to your position.
- Long term disability insurance coverage.
- Opportunities to learn engineering outside of work, such as lunchtime seminars with industry experts and professional development hour compensation.
Advantages of Working for Corbin Consulting:
Corbin Consulting was established in 1999 by engineers experienced in the design of building and process systems for advanced technology clients. Over the last 22 years Corbin has grown to a 90+ person firm that has diversified beyond the advanced technology business sector into industrial and healthcare sectors as well. We are not “corporate”; we are an engineering company owned and run by engineers – our owners directly manage projects and mentor our staff. Additionally:
- Corbin gives employees control over their career advancement. You will have direct access to key project players, including design managers, disciplines designers and company owners.
- Even at the entry level, you will design building systems for industry leaders in the advanced technology sector.
- Corbin serves a wide variety of clients with a myriad of unique projects and design challenges, providing a variety of working experiences.
- We encourage all degreed employees to obtain professional licensure in their respective fields of engineering.