Electrical Professional Engineer – Beaverton, Oregon
Corbin Consulting is a growing engineering consulting firm of 90+ staff members with offices in Beaverton, Oregon and Tempe, Arizona. Our clients are world leaders in advanced technology and industrial production.
We are seeking a senior electrical engineer for our Beaverton office who will work with a competent multi-discipline team of peers with a wide range of experience levels.
- Engineering studies of power and low voltage systems to survey existing conditions, evaluate capacities, and make recommendations for corrections and upgrades.
- Design of electrical systems ranging from simple to complex. Types of design include power, lighting, distribution systems, heat trace, and equipment installation designs.
- Short circuit analysis, arc flash analysis, overcurrent protective device coordination and review of power quality and reliability.
- Low voltage system designs, including instrumentation and controls, telecommunications, life safety and security systems.
- Coordination with engineering team members, both in electrical and other disciplines.
- Direct interface with customers for design review meetings and for engineering consultations.
- Technical writing for specifications, sequence of operations, testing documents and reports.
This is a mid- to senior-level position for applicants with a professional engineering stamp. We are looking for candidates with the following:
- 7+ years of experience as an independent designer/engineer.
- Thorough understanding of basic NEC requirements, including electrical clearances, circuit sizing, de-rating, motor circuit design, transformer feeder design and separation of class 1/2/3 wiring.
- Good communicator and team player.
- Ability to both lead and follow.
- Highly organized.
- A general sense of responsibility and follow through.
- Dedication and commitment; results oriented.
- Interest in professional growth.
- Ability to learn quickly and grasp new concepts, especially as they relate to engineering and construction.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook. EasyPower and SKM experience is a plus.
- BSEE or equivalent degree from an accredited university.
- PE license, or ability to obtain PE registration within six months of starting.
Please identify any relevant skills you might have, such as AutoCAD or Revit, or electrical system modeling software such as SKM or EasyPower. Please provide any past work or volunteer experience in your response, including those that may be non-engineering related.
We offer a very competitive compensation package within the engineering consulting industry.
- A compensation package based on experience and abilities.
- Flexible work hours.
- Corporate-sponsored medical and dental insurance plans.
- An Individual Retirement Account (IRA) program with company matching.
- Three weeks of Personal Time Off (PTO) and eight paid holidays per year.
- Up to $3000/year in yearly tuition reimbursement for coursework relevant to your position.
- Long term disability insurance coverage.
- Opportunities to learn engineering outside of work, such as lunchtime seminars with industry experts and professional development hour compensation.
Advantages of Working for Corbin Consulting:
Corbin Consulting was established in 1999 by engineers experienced in the dCorbin Consulting was established in 1999 by engineers experienced in the design of building and process systems for advanced technology clients. Over the last 22 years Corbin has grown to a 90+ person firm that has diversified beyond the advanced technology business sector into industrial and healthcare sectors as well. We are not “corporate”; we are an engineering company owned and run by engineers – our owners directly manage projects and mentor our staff. Additionally:
- Corbin gives employees control over their career advancement. You will have direct access to key project players, including design managers, disciplines designers and company owners.
- You will design building systems for industry leaders in the advanced technology sector.
- Corbin serves a wide variety of clients with a myriad of unique projects and design challenges, providing a variety of working experiences.